美文赏析:柠檬汁的哲学
时间:2021-06-24 13:30:28 admin
So, in fifth grade,
事情是这样的,在我上五年级的时候
my backpack was stolen from my dad's car,
有人从我爸爸的车里偷走了我的背包
which had my binder
背包里有我的活页夹
which had all my school stuff in it,
所有的课业资料都在里面
and a few other valuables,
还有几样我十分珍视的东西
like I used to and still like to write stories,
比如,那时我很喜欢写故事,现在我依旧如此
and it had notebooks in it
活页夹里有一个笔记本
that I had stories
里面有我写的故事
in that I have been working on for quite a while.
这些故事我已经认真琢磨了许久
And when my dad had come
那时我爸爸来到我的房间
and woken me up
叫醒我
to tell me that his car was broken into
告诉我他的车被人撬开了
and my backpack was stolen,
我的背包被偷走了
I was [en]devastated
我深受打击
and crying for about a half an hour to an hour.
足足哭了将近一个小时
Then I decided to go to school with absolutely nothing.
然后,我决定不带任何东西去上学
My 5th grade teacher, Miss Taylor,
五年级的老师,Taylor老师
was really sweet
是个非常好的人
and kind to me and understanding,
她十分和蔼,又善解人意
and she gave me an extra binder that she had,
她把自己的一本超大号的活页夹送给了我
and to help personalize it,
为了标明它归属于我
she got out a piece of paper,
她拿出一页纸
and started writing my name in a cool font,
开始用非常好看的字体写我的名字
because she was really good at fonts.
她的艺术字写的非常好看
She then gave it to me
接着,她把它交给我
and said
说到
"here, color it in",
给你,把它图上颜色吧
and I was devastated of her kindness.
我为她的善良感动不已
But still to this day
可是直到今天
I haven't colored it in.
我还没有给它图上颜色
But sometimes
不过,有时
I still look at it
我还是会看着那本活页册
and appreciate what she had done for me that day.
欣赏之中想着,那一天她为我做了一件多么好的事呀
But here's something even better:
不过,那天还发生了更好的事情
later that same day,
同一天晚些时候
Miss Taylor had gotten a call from the office
Taylor老师从办公室里接了一个电话
and when she had gotten off the phone,
当她放下电话时
she had said exactly this:
我至今清清楚楚记得她这样说道
"Zoe, A miracle has happened!
Zoe,奇迹发生了!
Someone found your binder!",
有人找到了你的活页册
And I zoomed down to the office,
我一路冲到办公室
and got my binder.
终于拿回了自己的活页册
It was really stuffed full,
里面塞得满满的
because the person that had found it
因为找到这本活页册的人
had stuffed all the other stuff
把其他的东西也塞了进去
that the robber had [en]dumped
out all the stuff in my backpack[/en]
小偷把我背包里所有的东西都倒了出来
and just took my backpack,
只拿走了我的背包
but that person had stuffed all that stuff inside of my binder.
捡到的人把所有被倒出来的东西都塞进了我的活页册
When I opened it
当我打开它时
I saw all my stuff including an envelope .
我看到自己所有的东西都在里面,还有一只信封
On the back of the envelope
信封背面上
it they had written
写着一行字
"I'm sorry all your stuff got stolen.
我和抱歉,你的背包被偷走了
but I hope this helps"
但我希望这会让你感到欣慰
and I opened the envelope
我打开信封
and it had $20 in it,
发现里面有20美元
that the person that found all the stuff
是那个找到所有这些东西的人
had put in the envelope
把这些钱放进信封
so that I could buy more school stuff!
好让我重新去买学校里需要的文具!
I just think that that was such a kind act!
我想,这是多么令人赞叹的善举!
So it turns out that
所以,这件事证明
there are lots of people out there that are kind,
世界上有许多人,他们心底良善
and can bring back faith and hope to humanity,
可以让人们重拾对人性的信任和希望
and that teachers can make the best of the worst.
而辛勤的园丁,能够让最坏的成为最好的
So if something bad happens
所以,如果糟糕的事情发生了
and you ever feel down,
如果你感到沮丧
just remember that,
请记住
if life gives you lemons
如果生活给了你酸涩的柠檬
make lemonade,
不妨做成爽口的柠檬汁
and remember that
请记住
there are some good people out there in the world.
世界上总有一些好人在
结尾:非常感谢大家阅读《美文赏析:柠檬汁的哲学》,更多精彩内容等着大家,欢迎持续关注学习大全网「Xuexidaquan.Com」,一起成长!
美文赏析:柠檬汁的哲学相关文章:
【英语阅读】推荐文章
1 美文赏析:有趣的人,永远视生活如初恋
2 美文赏析:自律,才能带来真正的自由
3 美文赏析:我们都是渴望被关注的孩子
4 英语美文:只要有你,我的生活就有了光
5 英语美文:后悔没在20几岁做这些事
6 美文赏析:请让自己值得拥有爱情
7 英语美文:刺猬与狐狸的哲理
8 美文赏析:说话的人很多,倾听的人很少
9 美文赏析:脾气好,是一种很厉害的能力
10 美文赏析:只有在乎你的人,才会对你啰嗦
11 英文美文:能承受委屈,才能承受责任
12 英语美文:瀑布下面的哲理
【英语阅读】图文精华
-
美文赏析:我,只为我自己而活
In the past, we thought so innocently that an honest heart always brings back an honest heart. 过去,我们总是天真地以为,真心能换来真心。 So...
-
美文赏析:所谓会说话,就是心里装着别人
Being sociable can mean many things. 说话的技巧有很多。 But in some aspects, there is only one criteria in judging whether one is sociable or not. And t...
-
美文赏析:有趣的人,永远视生活如初恋
If you suddenly get old tomorrow, would you feel regret when you look back at your life? 如果明天你就会突然变老,当你回顾你这一生的时候,你...
-
美文赏析:自律,才能带来真正的自由
Self-disciplined people are not all outstanding people. But nearly all outstanding people are self-disciplined people. 自律的人不一定都优秀,但优秀的...
-
英语美文:幸福好简单,就在你手心上
Happiness is so much simple, on your center of palm,a match a hand can grasp; Happiness is also very difficult, before your heel, A thousand mountains and rivers...
-
英语美文:希望总是多过盼望
There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them. ~Denis Waitley 人生有两大选择:要么...
-
美文赏析:一把车钥匙
A young man was getting ready to graduate from college. For many months he had admired a beautiful sports car in a dealer's showroom, and knowing his father coul...
-
美文赏析:生活的艺术
The art of living is to know when to hold fast and when to let go. For life is a paradox: it enjoins us to cling to its many gifts even while it ordains their ev...
- 上一篇:英语美文:在生命的旅途上轻装简行
- 下一篇:美文赏析:回忆再美 也不要徘徊不前